TL;DR: We are looking for an experienced salesperson who will help us with getting new clients and at the same time manage our small client acquisition team. We manage worldwide music rights for library writers with whom you will communicate daily. Prior knowledge of the library music industry or music rights is welcome but not a necessity.
Long story: Who are we?
Collecting money for music royalties can be a heavy administrative burden so we are helping production music writers to get the royalties they are due, so they can focus on what they do best – make music.
We launched NRG almost five years ago as a spinoff of our other well-established company Studio Fontána – the leading production music provider in central Europe. We quickly became one of the best royalties collection agencies; we represent more than 1000 musicians worldwide and collect millions of euros for their TV placements.
Whom are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who will be our primary contact with our potential clients in the Client Manager position. Your main focus will be communicating with musicians, explaining our service and the value we can bring them.
You will be in daily touch with artists worldwide and play a central part in our clients’ experience. At the same time, you will lead our small acquisition team, providing reports directly to the CEO and ensuring we are reaching our targets.
What we expect from you
- You have excellent spoken and written English, as our clients are based worldwide
- You are happy talking to different people and quickly build rapport with them; you can listen attentively while leading the conversation
- You are comfortable handling dozens of calls and emails per week
- You’re able to execute your work effectively and have time flexibility so you can reach clients in different time zones
- You know how to lead people to reach their targets & KPIs effectively
- You can identify the bottleneck of the sales pipeline, suggest and execute improvements
- We treat mistakes as a necessary way to learn, so we’re not afraid to admit them, and we need you to do the same
- You are willing to accept frequent changes to our workflows
- Prior knowledge of the production music industry or music rights is an advantage but not a necessity
How we operate
- We have a core team of 6, 5 based in Prague and 1 in Brazil, and multiple external consultants around the world, plus a couple of temps helping us with clerical work
- We have hybrid sprint meetings once a week in a co-working space in our parent company, and we do most of our communication through tools like Slack and Zoom/Meet
- We plan our short-term tasks together for the coming week and set quarterly OKRs for larger projects
- Every team member has a weekly 1on1 meeting with their manager where we can address any issues openly, discreetly, and without delay
- We don’t want to micromanage – we’re looking for someone who can organise their own time and reliably get the work done
- We understand that starting in such an industry-specific job can be intimidating, but we will help you and give you enough time to learn everything you need to know and will keep supporting you along the way
What we offer
- Be a part of a unique international project that is a mix of the music industry, law, technology and data
- You will acquire a lot of music and copyright know-how from industry insiders
- We aim to be the best and you can grow with us
- We work remotely and will give you a lot of time flexibility
- Friendly teammates
- Informal work environment
- Team dinners if you are located in Prague, we love going out together or cooking for each other
Sounds good? Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject and we will get back to you!
Read More: NRG – Artist Account Manager & Sales Team Leader for International Music Rights Agency,