TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, Mexico City, and Toronto
Why Join Us:
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire – for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the Team:
The Content team is obsessed with all things content. From uncovering trends, to celebrating all the communities on TikTok, to nurturing incredible artists and creators, we cover it all. The Music Editorial team is an integral part of the organization, driving key activations around cultural moments, growing culture both on and off-platform, and playing a connecting role between TikTok and the world of Music.
TikTok is looking for a Music Editorial Specialist (NA) to manage in-app music operations, including the management and curation of music, artists and community, and will play a leading role in developing the next era of music content on the platform. The role will also work on priority music campaigns throughout the year, collaborate closely with cross-functional teams across the organization to own and support on all things content-related for various projects, and manage workflows and external brand partnerships.
– Curate and concept in-app Music content for the NA market
– Work with XFN teams to identify key music moments to amplify on and off platform [festivals, tours, releases, etc.]
– Leverage data to make informed decisions with the goal of improving content consumption
– Identify trending concepts and collaborate with key internal teams to amplify
– Optimize content discovery and accessibility in-app by working with internal systems and teams
– Support Music Partnership teams with identification of priority music and cross functional projects
– Assist in development of Music Editorial strategy for NA
– Maintain workflow and relationships with off-platform partnerships
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
– 5+ years working experience in Music Editorial, with a preference for experience on the platform side.
– Strong knowledge of TikTok, and familiar with local culture, internet trends, and Music’s fundamental role in the content ecosystem.
– Data-driven mindset and strong analytical skills, able to interpret data, identify problems, and come up with constructive solutions
– Experience managing Music campaigns and initiatives from conception to completion
– Excellent XFN relationship-building skills and established connections within the Music industry
– Comprehensive understanding of the NA music industry, with a focus on trending genres and artists
– Experience using Nielsen Connect, – Familiarity with a wide range of music and different types of audience groups
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
Read More: TikTok – Music Editorial Specialist, North America (US) – Music Business Worldwide